HYDROXYPROPYL METHYLCELLULOSE (HPMC)
Hydroxypropyl Methycellulose (HPMC) is a natural multifunctional carbohydrate polymer.
Source: Wood Pulp and Cotton Linters
Function: Thickening, dispersing, emulsifying and excipients.
HPMC for daily chemical chooses the highly pure cotton cellulose as raw materials, in alkaline condition by special etherification and system, the whole process automation monitoring finish, do not contain any animal organs and oil and other active ingredients.
This product is non-ionic cellulose ether, the outward appearance is for white powder, no smell tasteless.
- Water soluble and thickening ability: this product is soluble in cold water, and it can form transparent sticky solution. In organic solvent of dissolved: because it contains a certain amount of hydrophobic methoxyl, this product is soluble in some
organic solvent; it is also soluble in water and organic mixed solvent.
- Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose (HPMC) salt resistance: because ion and the polyelectrolytein exsist in this product, its metal salt or organic electrolyte aqueous solution is stable.
- Surface activity: HPMC for daily chemical aqueous solution has the surface activity, ensuring its emulsification, protective colloid and relative stability.
- Low ash content: because ion exist in this product, in preparation process we can use hot water washing for effective refinement, so its ash content is very low.
- pH stability: HPMC aqueous solution viscosity in the range of pH3.0-11.0 is more stable.
- Water retention effect: this product is hydrophilic and its solution has high viscosity.
- Film-forming property: HPMC can generate strong pliable and transparent sheet, which has the good oil resistance to ester performance.
|Methoxyl content (-OCH3),w/%||20.0 – 28.0|
|Hydroxypropyl content (-OCH2CHOOHCH3),w/%||5.0-11.0|
|Gelling temperature, °C||55-80|
|Moisture content ,w/%||max 1%|
|Residue on ignition,w%||max 1.5%|
|Lead (Pb), ppm||max 2|
|Arsenic (As) ,ppm||max 2|
|Heavy metal||max 20|